Across from the White House in Lafayette Square, the beautifully restored Hay-Adams is a historic landmark with the distinct ambience of a private luxury residence. The Hay-Adams, then known as The Hay-Adams House, opened its doors in 1928 and quickly attracted elite travelers including Ethel Barrymore, Amelia Earhart and Charles Lindbergh. Guests were drawn to the hotel by its unparalleled views of the White House, Lafayette Square and St. John’s Church – and still attracts visitors to this day. With an Italian Renaissance exterior, the 5 star Hay-Adams Washington offers timeless elegance combined with modern luxury comforts and an unbeatable location. Continually named as one of the top hotels in the United States by numerous travel publications, The Hay-Adams Hotel DC continues to be a leader in luxury hospitality.
Look no further than The Hay-Adams Hotel for two of the city’s top choices for dining. Overlooking Lafayette Square, the elegant Lafayette Room offers an elegant atmosphere and fine dining at its best. For a truly memorable experience, experience Lafayette Room in the evening and enjoy the sounds of Tom Vogt, Washington’s favorite pianist, entertaining guests at The Hay-Adams for the last 17 years. A relaxing environment, delicious dining and nightly entertainment can also be found at Off the Record Bar, an award-winning venue named by Forbes.com as one of the “World’s Best Hotel Bars.”
Reminiscent of a distinguished private mansion
• Closest luxury hotel to the White House, situated in Lafayette Square
• A member of the Historic Hotels of America
• Complimentary high speed wireless internet
• Complimentary business center, open 24 hours
• Complimentary fitness center
• Two legendary dining venues offering live entertainment
• 24-hour room service
• Pet-friendly luxury hotel
Landmark luxury in Lafayette Square
All of the 145 suites and rooms at The Hay-Adams offer timeless elegance and modern convenience. The hotel offers numerous room types and a variety of views, lavish décor including marble bathrooms, plaster ceilings and some with decorative fireplaces and balconies. For gorgeous rooms that are elegant yet understated and that complement the historic surroundings, look no further than the The Hay-Adams.
A historic luxury hotel across from the White House
The hotel’s unrivaled location across from the White House, also means that guests are minutes from the National Mall, Washington Monument, Smithsonian Museums, Capitol Building and convenient access to Metro stations. Make your Washington, DC trip a memorable one; stay at The Hay-Adams. Call now to check rates and availability.
Press, Accolades & Awards
- Located in Lafayette Square across from the White House, The Hay-Adams is convenient to the McPherson Square and Farragut West Metro stations and is around the corner from the convention center
- 10 - 15 minutes driving time (approximately 5 miles) from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
- 40 - 45 minutes driving time (approximately 27 miles) from Washington Dulles International Airport
- 50 minutes driving time (approximately 32 miles) from Baltimore-Washington International Airport
800 16th Street
Washington, District of Columbia